Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First post

Well, this is it. First steps in the blogosphere, which probably makes me a late-comer these days. Not the last thing I will be a late-comer to...

This blog is intended to cover topics which attract my attention, for better or for worse, and which I think will be interesting to others. It will revolve mostly around technology and product issues - but it will sometimes bleed into more personal, and potentially slippery subjects.

As you have probably guessed, I work in the software business. The enterprise software business. Not a pretty space right now - an odd mix of high complexity, low prices, market turmoil, and slim business and professional growth.
A lot of what I will debate here will revolve around the issues that we wrestle with every day. Not just the technical issues, but also the human issues.

Let's start...

P.S. My blog-editing software complains about "blogosphere" not been spelled properly... The irony - language always gives you away, as G Carlin used to say.

No comments: